|Category:||Agriculture||Entry Experience:||0 years|
|Job Type:||Full time||Positions:||1|
|Entry Level:||Senior Level||Date Posted:||Apr 25, 2023|
|Location:||Nairobi||Apply Before:||May 7, 2023|
|Views:||Days Remaining:||218 days elapsed|
Brief About Employer
ALLIANCE FOR A GREEN REVOLUTION IN AFRICA (AGRA)
AGRA is an alliance led by Africans with roots in farming communities across the continent. We understand that African farmers need uniquely African solutions designed to meet their specific environmental and agricultural needs so they can sustainably boost production and gain access to rapidly growing agriculture markets.
Job Reference: PID/TD/04/2023
The Position Summary
Reporting to the Vice President Program Innovation and Delivery, the ideal candidate will be in-charge of overseeing the day-to-day activities and all CESSA operations. This includes ensuring that the set vision and long-term goals of CESSA as well as the implementation and monitoring the strategy is on track. The Director will be in-charge of all the staff in the 3 CESSA Units, Analysis and Knowledge Resource, Capacity Building and Technical Support and Catalytic Grants and Advisory Services. One of the cardinal objectives of CESSA is to serve as a go to hub for all seed related work and it is the responsibility of the Director to ensure that this is achieved.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the process of delivering CESSA offerings across all the 8-thematic areas.
- Responsible for financial planning, partnerships with key seed sector players, both public and private and the face of CESSA in various local, regional, or international fora.
- Work across Divisions to support new business development, knowledge management and in some instances, project delivery.
- Support AGRA management to mobilize resources to implement CESSA initiatives and AGRA work in general.
- Lead on the donor stewardship (Customer Relationship Management databased), support the facilitation of negotiations and signing of new funding agreements, while assisting in the implementation of AGRA’s Public-Private Partnership resource mobilization strategy.
- Ensure CESSA digital platform is regularly updated, and stakeholders can get information and knowledge tools as expected.
- Ensure that the grant funds, when awarded, are appropriately used for the intended purpose.
- Work with finance to generate reporting required for compliance and financial statement audits.
- Integrate tools to monitor grants for legal, financial, and program compliance including but not limited to ensuring that grant requirements are correctly documented in the grant files and database.
- Maintain regular communication with other AGRA/CESSA professionals to enhance CESSA relevance.
- Lead periodic Program Team staff meetings, including provision of work-related updates to ensure smooth running of program activities.
- Delivers together with and Team the preparation of donor reports, board reports, AGRA annual and quarterly reports.
- Influence partners to value, work with and support CESSA develop and strengthen seed systems in Africa.
- Influence grantees in employing best practices in executing the activities under the grants awarded for meeting the CESSA objectives.
- Align grantee achievements against targets and collaborate with relevant TALs and grantee to identify any consistencies for the grants.
- Champion integration of CESSA with other AGRA bodies of work and various AGRA funded projects.
- Motivate the team for solving problems around complex grant scenarios through consultations/liaison with finance and legal entities.
- Direct seamless delivery of CESSA offering to the intended beneficiaries.
- Lead annual planning process and development of CESSA budgets, workplans to ensure they are aligned with AGRA’s strategy.
- Assess, monitor, and document the grantmaking workflow processes, templates, reports and data to assure full compliance with internal controls and legal requirements.
Relevant Experience & Professional Qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience of international development with demonstrable track record of working with donors.
- PhD or master’s degree in Agricultural sciences, Business Administration, Economics, or any other relevant field.
- Professional qualifications in relevant field(s), that enhances proficiency in analytical research, communication, leadership, and strategic planning or execution.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in international development leading strategic planning, corporate bottom-line performance management, and resource allocation and accountability decision-making.
- At least 7 years of experience in a senior leadership role.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to formulate recommendations and improve team dynamics.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including tact, patience, and acumen and the ability to work with many, diverse individuals, and groups across various functions.
- Skill in management and leadership with the ability to direct programs, staff, and cross-functional teams in an efficient and effective manner.
- The ability to maintain effective and harmonious relations with the organization’s stakeholders.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure, handle multiple priorities, tasks, demands and time- sensitive pressurized situations.
How to Apply
Register and login with your applicant or student account to access the ability to upload your C.V and apply for a job.
You need to login to apply for this job. If you already have an account with us, please proceed to login below.
Do not have an account? Proceed to click on 'New User? Register Now' button below.