|Category:||Business Management||Entry Experience:||15 years|
|Job Type:||Full time||Positions:||1|
|Entry Level:||Management Level||Date Posted:||Apr 25, 2023|
|Location:||Nairobi||Apply Before:||May 9, 2023|
|Views:||Days Remaining:||216 days elapsed|
Brief About Employer
KENYA INVESTMENT AUTHORITY (KENINVEST)
Kenya Investment Authority (KenInvest) is a statutory body established in 2004 through an Act of Parliament (Investment Promotion Act No. 6 of 2004) with the main objective of promoting investments in Kenya.
The Managing Director will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Authority and for the overall management and provision of strategic leadership at the Kenya Investment Authority. He/She is responsible to the Board for driving Management to achieve the Authority’s strategic objectives and goals, creating awareness to investors (domestic and foreign) of the investment opportunities in Kenya, Kenya’s attractiveness and facilitate investors to set up businesses and to ensure those already operating have an enabling investment/business climate.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic, Corporate Planning and Reporting
- Managing emerging issues, risks and opportunities to ensure that the Authority continues to deliver strong results and achieves desired outcomes;
- Ensuring that the Authority has an effective management structure, build capabilities of Management and staff to ensure that the Authority is properly capacitated to deliver on its mandate and objectives and that staff are empowered and mentored;
- Advise the Board on matters of policy, planning, priorities and other issues that are fundamental to the Mission and direction of the Authority, including implementation of proposed new initiatives and potential impacts for Government, investors, partners and other stakeholders;
- Developing and implementing effective internal control systems for efficient service delivery in the Authority and safeguarding of the Authority’s assets;
- Ensuring continuous improvement in the quality of services provided by the Authority
- Be the Accounting Officer in line with section 67 of the PFM Act 2012 and perform the functions of the Accounting Officer in line with the PFM Act 2012 and PFM Regulations 2015, as well as provisions of section 44 of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2015 and its regulations;
- Ensuring that the Authority delivers on its mandate as stipulated by the Investment Promotion Act No. 6 of 2004;
- Providing Strategic Leadership, general supervision and management of the Authority on a dayto-day basis in accordance with the plans and policies approved by the Board to ensure achievement of KenInvest strategic objectives;
- Providing organizational leadership and Vision in developing and recommending to the Board the strategy and annual business plans for KenInvest; providing regular, thorough and prompt communication to the Board on key technical, financial and administrative matters; and
- Serving as a link between the Board and the Management.
- Ensuring continuity of Board policy and acts as the vocal point of contact between the Board, the management and staff of the Authority;
- Fostering a good working relationship with and under guidance/consultation with Authority’s Parent Ministry;
- Entrenching a working culture and promoting creativity and innovation in the Authority;
- Ensuring compliance with National, regional and international laws as may be applicable;
- Providing strategic leadership in developing and implementing effective human resource management, administrative policies and systems and maintaining a conducive working environment suitable for attracting, developing and retaining an efficient workforce;
- Providing Strategic Leadership and ensuring that the Authority grows to become financially independent by generating its own resources;
- Ensuring preparation of the annual budgets and establishing proper internal controls;
- Spearheading the development and implementation of efficient systems that support the effective use of the Authority’s resources;
- Effectively and efficiently leading the deployment of available resources for the best value to the Authority and public interest while assuring financial capability to continuously deliver on the mandate of the Authority; and
- Identifying and sourcing for favorable development partners and ensuring that the annual financial audit is conducted and recommendations addressed.
- Communicating the Board’s strategies, decisions and policies to senior management and staff; and
- Be the overall spokesperson for the Authority and maintaining an exceptional image for the Authority in the country and internationally
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Commerce, Marketing, Economics, Finance, Engineering or a relevant Degree from a recognized University;
- Have a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Commerce, Marketing, Economics, Finance, Engineering or a relevant Degree from a recognized University;
- Have at least fifteen (15) years of relevant professional experience with five (5) years served in a senior management position in the public service or in a large and reputable organization in the private sector.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with strategic vision and proven skills in managing complex organizations at the national, regional or international level;
- Demonstrated record of setting clear standards for accountability, probity, value for money and risk management and zero tolerance to fraud and corruption; for ensuring sound and transparent financial management; and delivering continuous improvement, impact, efficiency and effectiveness;
- Demonstrated intellectual leadership, creativity and proven ability to propose new ideas and lead on new ways of working across silos in a complementary and synergistic way for a prosperous and peaceful organization;
- Proven track record of change management and accomplishments at the organization with strong resource mobilization and public relation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-cultural team and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization; and
- Proven ability to inspire, encourage, build trust and confidence and build consensus, stimulate effective campaigns and drive collective action among a broad spectrum of people and organizations.
Key Leadership Competencies
- Strategic Focus and transformation with Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Developing Organizational Capability
- Change Leadership
- Strategic Risk Management
- Building Partnerships
- Drives Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with impact
- Conceptual Thinking
- Job Knowledge and good understanding of KenInvest Mandate, its role in the realization of the National Development Agenda
- Drive for Results
Tenure of Appointment
The Appointment to this position will be on a four (4) year contract renewable once subject to satisfactory performance.
How to Apply
Register and login with your applicant or student account to access the ability to upload your C.V and apply for a job.
You need to login to apply for this job. If you already have an account with us, please proceed to login below.
Do not have an account? Proceed to click on 'New User? Register Now' button below.