|Category:||Education||Entry Experience:||3 years|
|Job Type:||Part time||Positions:||15|
|Entry Level:||Senior Level||Date Posted:||Apr 24, 2023|
|Location:||Nairobi||Apply Before:||May 5, 2023|
|Views:||Days Remaining:||220 days elapsed|
Brief About Employer
KCA University (KCAU) is a private, non-profit institution, founded in July 1989 as Kenya College of Accountancy (KCA) by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) to improve the quality of accountancy and financial management training in the country. KCAU is located on Thika Road in Ruaraka, Nairobi, Kenya.
To facilitate quality learning through teaching, administration and academic advisory work and ensure an outstanding student learning experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach and facilitate learning at both undergraduate and postgraduate
- levels through lectures, seminars, workshops, tutorials and other learning situations as assigned by the CoD from time to time.
- Participate in the development, administration and marking of exams, assignments and continuous assessments tests.
- Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, Achievement and attendance.
- Provide advice, guidance and feedback to students to support their academic progress and referring student to support services as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of high quality curriculum.
- Participate in supervision and assisting of undergraduate and post graduate students in their research work.
- Carry out research and produce publications, as well as other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the Faculty Annual Assessment Review (FAAR)
- Participate in writing of research proposals and applying of research grants.
- Contribute and participate in the development in the departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Develop and apply innovative and appropriate learning techniques and material which create interest, understanding and enthusiasm amongst students;
- Contribute to departmental, faculty and/or University wide working groups or committee as, when requested to do so;
- Undertake continuous professional development and participate in staff development and training activities to update and enhance skills;
- Maintain proper records of students’ examination, assignments and continuous assessments tests and ensure they are keyed in examination records management system in time;
- Attend departmental, Faculty and University-wide meetings with other staff members;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in information communications technology/ information technology/Information Systems or related field
- At least 3 years’ teaching experience in data communications and network management at university level
- Experience in curriculum development and reviews
- PhD Degree in information communications technology/ information technology/information systems or a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Candidates with a PhD degree should have published at least 2 peer reviewed articles in distinguished academic journals.
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent research skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Time management skills and attention to detail
How to Apply
Register and login with your applicant or student account to access the ability to upload your C.V and apply for a job.
You need to login to apply for this job. If you already have an account with us, please proceed to login below.
Do not have an account? Proceed to click on 'New User? Register Now' button below.