|Category:||Business Management||Entry Experience:||0 years|
|Job Type:||Full time||Positions:||1|
|Entry Level:||Mid level||Date Posted:||Apr 25, 2023|
|Location:||Nairobi||Apply Before:||May 12, 2023|
|Views:||Days Remaining:||213 days elapsed|
Brief About Employer
KPMG is a professional service company, being one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, EY and PwC. Seated in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, KPMG employs 174,000 people and has three lines of services: audit, tax, and advisory.
We are currently looking for a Senior Associate to join our IDAS team to support our growing portfolio of Education, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) projects and pursuits. The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya but would require occasional travel across Africa.
KPMG is seeking an experienced education, WASH or social inclusion specialist to provide technical guidance and operational support throughout all stages of business development and programmedelivery activities. The Senior Associate shall contribute towards the overall strategy, direction and operations of the Social Development and Inclusion (SDI) pillar by supporting the pillar leader to ensure successful performance and delivery of outputs and results. The suitable candidate(s) should have demonstratable expertise in either the education sector, WASH sector or GESI mainstreaming. Key responsibilities for either of these competencies include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical guidance including but not limited to education systems strengthening, access to education (ed-tech), education financing, quality teaching, inclusive early learning and education in crisis in the context of primary, secondary, TVET and /or higher education learning.
- Provide technical guidance on the theories, principles and methods in the following areas; water security, WASH financing, communication for behaviourchange, sanitation, WASH in schools and health centers, monitoring and evaluation.
- Promote the mainstreaming of gender and social inclusion HRBA and evidence-based approaches at all stages of the project cycle, from planning of the initiative, delivery and through their evaluation; and
- Provide technical assistance to the regional teams to design high quality, holistic gender-transformative and gender-equality focused programmesgrounded on intersectional gender and power analysis, incorporating best practices, evidence-based solutions and innovation for social inclusion.
Skills and experience
- 4-5 years+ experience of programmecoordination for large and complex multi-country, multi-year international development projects in a consultancy firm, non-profit, trust, foundation or development partner;
- Advanced academic qualifications in human rights, sociology, engineering, public health, international development, or a related field;
- Excellent working knowledge of donor funded projects (FCDO/USAID/World Bank/ AFDB or others), regulations, compliance and reporting requirements is desirable;
- Strong track record of managing risk, adaptive and flexible approaches to delivery in complex portfolios; and
- Strong track record in monitoring, evaluation and learning;
Technical skills and competencies
- Strong track record in resource mobilization & programmedesign;
- Conducting research and analysis on key development-related topics;
- Actively contribute towards KPMG’s IDAS business initiatives including delivery of client projects and business development;
- Contribute to developing partnerships with clients and other organisations;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills, ability to organize and motivate others as well as work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Great inter-personal skills, quick to learn and result oriented;
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with others inside and outside the organisation; and
- Any other tasks that shall be assigned to you.
How to Apply
Register and login with your applicant or student account to access the ability to upload your C.V and apply for a job.
You need to login to apply for this job. If you already have an account with us, please proceed to login below.
Do not have an account? Proceed to click on 'New User? Register Now' button below.