|Category:||Business Management||Entry Experience:||0 years|
|Job Type:||Full time||Positions:||1|
|Entry Level:||Management Level||Date Posted:||Apr 25, 2023|
|Location:||Nairobi||Apply Before:||May 7, 2023|
|Views:||Days Remaining:||218 days elapsed|
Brief About Employer
ALLIANCE FOR A GREEN REVOLUTION IN AFRICA (AGRA)
AGRA is an alliance led by Africans with roots in farming communities across the continent. We understand that African farmers need uniquely African solutions designed to meet their specific environmental and agricultural needs so they can sustainably boost production and gain access to rapidly growing agriculture markets.
Job Reference: PID/TD/05/2023
The Position Summary
Reporting to the Director, Center of Excellence for Seed Systems in Africa (CESSA), the Team Leader, Capacity Building and Technical Support will be responsible for CESSA’s delivery of capacity building technical support activities, provide technical support, including sourcing, contracting, scoping and oversight of the Unit and manage key stakeholder relationships and development of delivery programs and services, and capacity building activities across various initiatives in CESSA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a capacity building plan and curricula based on the analysis of the needs assessment and discussions with various partners with the support of the Training Coordinator and Digital Learning Management Specialist.
- Responsible for capacity building initiatives including convenings and exchange visits for partners and stakeholders including trainees.
- Ensure quality training is offered according to the identified needs. Training could be offered by teams within or outside CESSA.
- Responsible for ensuring that program activities are properly resourced for, and supplies are requested on time an according the systems and protocols.
- Direct and manage the implementation of high-quality program activities in line with grant agreements and with technical requirements.
- Integrate various Capacity Building frameworks covering all sections of the seed systems for targeted countries as per the training needs assessment from national SeedSAT assessments.
- Organize and provide an on-going support to the team by creating Capacity Building and Training Assessment opportunities.
- Monitor progress of activities against planned achievements, outcomes, and impact; evaluate the continued relevance and appropriateness of the intervention.
- Ensure that the progress reports and relevant donor reports are timely, of high quality and serve to inform management decisions.
- Influence through leadership by establishing certain moderators that integrate and shape the program into a solid team working towards a high performing organization.
- Identify mentoring models that could be used to build capacity, consult with putative mentee stakeholders to understand their capacity building needs.
- Build seed systems capacity building networks in the continent and beyond for refining and keeping up to date the capacity building programs in CESSA.
- Conceptualize viable ideas in developing new capacity building and training models to improve on the deliverables in the program.
- Design relevant capacity building programs in liaison with several experts within AGRA and form other relevant institutions to meet the capacity building objective of CESSA.
- Assess the existing training programs in AGRA and in other likeminded institutions to form a basis of the training programs in CESSA.
- Create an enabling environment for the teams under supervision to effectively deliver on objectives.
Relevant Experience & Professional Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Agricultural sciences, rural development, education, business or economics or relevant field.
- A PhD in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience spanning operational strategic managerial and leadership.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to formulate recommendations and improve team dynamics
How to Apply
Register and login with your applicant or student account to access the ability to upload your C.V and apply for a job.
You need to login to apply for this job. If you already have an account with us, please proceed to login below.
Do not have an account? Proceed to click on 'New User? Register Now' button below.